Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: None
Source: Own recipe
The first thing everyone asks me when I mention this recipe is whether carrot tops are poisonous. They're definitely not!   . The taste is something like an earthy variant of parsley. The recipe scales easily, though you might want to upgrade the hand blender for a full-sized one once you're above 50g or so of carrot-tops. On one test I got about 60g from ten small carrots; the photo is from that batch. The parmesan is optional since I prefer to let the carrot-top taste come through more strongly. (And I often serve with parmesan anyway)
- 50 ml extra-virgin olive oil
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 3 tbsp (15 g) toasted pine nuts
- 30 g parmesan (optional)
For every 20g carrot-tops:
- Rinse and chop the carrot tops very roughly.
- Blend the carrot tops, oil, and salt with a hand blender.
- Add the pine nuts and blend until the consistency looks about right.
- If using parmesan, add now and give a quick blend.
- Serve with pasta, gnocchi, or anything else you fancy.
Have you tried this recipe? Made any improvements? I'd love to hear about it! Add your comments here.comments powered by Disqus