Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
Source: Adapted from Zero Carbonista
I first tried phở (pronounced fuh) in a chain of Vietnamese restaurants in London called Pho. When I visited Vietnam itself it was actually quite tricky to find it in any of the tourist spots, which is a shame because it's delicious!
- 2 litres vegetable stock
- 1-2 tbsp sesame oil
- 1-2 tbsp dark soy sauce
- ½ tsp Chinese five spice
- ½ tsp chilli flakes
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- ½ inch ginger, grated
- 1 pak choi
- 100-150g mushrooms, roughly sliced if needed
- 1 handful green beans
- 1 large handful bean sprouts
- 2 servings of Udon or egg noodles
- Bring the stock to the boil and add the oil, soy sauce, five spice, chilli flakes, garlic, and ginger. Simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the pak choi, mushrooms, green beans, bean sprouts, and noodles. Simmer for 5-10 minutes.
- Serve hot.
Have you tried this recipe? Made any improvements? I'd love to hear about it! Add your comments here.comments powered by Disqus