Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
Source: Adapted from DianasKitchen.com
- 5 large potatoes
- milk and/or butter for mashed potatoes
- 450g / 1lb minced beef
- 200g tinned chopped tomatoes
- 6 mushrooms, chopped
- 2 onions, coarsely chopped
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley
- Worcestershire sauce to taste
- 200ml / 1cup beef gravy or a stock cube
- 300g mixed vegetables
- Preheat the oven to 200°C / 400°F.
- Peel the potatoes and boil them for 15 minutes, then mash. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Put the mixed vegetables on to boil.
- Fry the beef until browned.
- Add the tomato, mushroom, onion, parsley, worcestershire sauce, and gravy. If you use gravy granules, there isn't any need to water them down first.
- Simmer the mixture down until it is no longer watery.
- Drain the mixed vegetables and add them.
- Put mixture into a casserole dish, and spread the mashed potato over it. Grate cheese onto the potato if wanted.
- Bake until the top is crispy brown (about 10-15 minutes)
Have you tried this recipe? Made any improvements? I'd love to hear about it! Add your comments here.comments powered by Disqus