Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Source: Adapted from Zero Carbonista
- 1 tbsp rapeseed, sunflower, or coconut oil
- 1 small onion
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2-3 cm grated fresh ginger
- 1 tsp curry powder
- ¼ tsp cumin seeds
- ¼ tsp English mustard
- 1 tin chickpeas, rinsed.
- 1 tin coconut milk
- ¼ tsp chili powder (to taste)
- Cooked vegetables (eg broccoli)
- Fry the onion in the oil until starting to soften.
- Add the garlic, ginger, and cumin seeds. The seeds will start to pop.
- Stir in the curry and chili powders, then add the chickpeas, coconut milk.
- Simmer for 15 minutes or so, until starting to thicken.
- Take off the heat and carefully use a hand blender to blend some of the chickpeas. This will thicken the sauce.
- Mix in the cooked vegetables, and serve with rice.
Have you tried this recipe? Made any improvements? I'd love to hear about it! Add your comments here.comments powered by Disqus