Preparation time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
Source: Collection of old Carrier's Kitchen magazines
- 110g / 4½oz butter or margarine
- 75g / 3oz Demerara (light brown) sugar
- 9tbsp golden syrup
- 330g / 12oz rolled oats
- a large pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 180°C / 350°F / Gas Mark 4. Grease a 11×7" cake tin.
- Melt the butter, sugar, and golden syrup in a saucepan over a low heat.
- Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the rolled oats, about a third at a time. Stir in the salt.
- Turn the mixture into the tin and flatten it down solidly.
- Bake for 15 minutes until the top of the flapjack is golden brown.
Have you tried this recipe? Made any improvements? I'd love to hear about it! Add your comments here.comments powered by Disqus