Chocolate Christmas Pudding
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: None
Source: Family recipe
This is a somewhat similar recipe to the chocolate tiffin but stickier and more suited to being served in the shape of a christmas pudding. As an alternative presentation, the original recipe uses two cans as a mold to shape the pudding like a Yule log instead.
- 225g dark chocolate
- 200g unsalted butter
- 2 eggs
- 25g caster sugar
- 225g Nice biscuits
- Melt the chocolate and butter in a bain marie.
- Whisk the eggs and sugar together.
- Gradually add the chocolate mixture to the egg/sugar mix.
- Put the biscuits in a strong bag and smash with a rolling pin until the biggest pieces are about a centimetre in size. Empty into the chocolate mixture.
- Line an appropriately sized container with cling film or tin foil and empty the mix into it.
- Chill for 2-3 hours, or freeze for later. Serve chilled.
Have you tried this recipe? Made any improvements? I'd love to hear about it! Add your comments here.comments powered by Disqus