Chicken and Bacon Burgers
Preparation time: 8 minutes
Cooking time: 8 minutes
These are pretty good; the bacon keeps the chicken moist, and they make a nice alternative to beef burgers. I found that making them without pastry cutters to shape them ended up with them falling apart a little when cooked.
- 900g / 2lb minced chicken
- 6 rashers finely chopped streaky bacon
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons minced red chilli, from a jar (sambal oelek)
- 1 tablespoon sweet paprika
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- Put the minced chicken, garlic, onion, minced chilli, paprika, and oregano into a bowl and mix together with your hands.
- Divide the mixture into six and shape into burgers about 2.5cm / 1" thick by pressing the mixture into a 9cm / 3.5" plain pastry cutter. (Alternatively, roll each burger into a ball and flatten it.)
- Cook the burgers over a medium heat for six to eight minutes on each side until cooked through.
Have you tried this recipe? Made any improvements? I'd love to hear about it! Add your comments here.comments powered by Disqus