Castillian Hot Chocolate
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
Warning: This mix takes a long time to cool down, even in a mug. Take small sips until you know it won't burn your throat on the way down! This recipe is produces a very thick hot chocolate. It's suitable as a chocolate custard recipe too.
- 35 g unsweetened cocoa powder
- 35 g sugar (to taste)
- 4 tsp cornflour
- 60 ml water
- 500-600 ml milk (enough for two cups)
- Mix the cocoa powder and sugar together.
- Dissolve the cornflour in the water and combine with the cocoa-sugar mixture in a medium-sized saucepan. Stir until it is a smooth paste.
- Begin heating the mixture, stirring continuously. Gradually pour in the milk, and continue to stir as you bring it to a simmer.
- Simmer, stirring often, for about 10 minutes. The hot chocolate is ready when it thickens and is glossy and smooth.
Have you tried this recipe? Made any improvements? I'd love to hear about it! Add your comments here.comments powered by Disqus