Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
These go great with chips.
- 900g / 2lb minced beef
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons minced red chilli, from a jar (sambal oelek)
- 1 tablespoon sweet paprika
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Put the minced beef, garlic, onion, minced chilli, paprika, oregano, 1 teaspoon salt and some black pepper into a bowl and mix together with your hands.
- Divide the mixture into six and shape into burgers about 2.5cm / 1" thick by pressing the mixture into a 9cm / 3.5" plain pastry cutter. (Alternatively, roll each burger into a ball and flatten it.)
- Cook the burgers over a medium heat for five minutes on each side. Toast the burger buns cut-face down around the burgers for the last 2-3 minutes of cooking.
Have you tried this recipe? Made any improvements? I'd love to hear about it! Add your comments here.comments powered by Disqus